My name is Dave Gillen. I’m a direct-response copywriter.
That means every time I write a sales message, it needs to move people. Literally. Move hands out of pockets to dial your number, or pull out their credit card, or sign a contract.
It’s ambitious. The stakes are high. I love it.
Who taught me?
I learn from the masters of direct-response advertising.
- Drayton Bird: Gives me feedback on my copy
- Gary Halbert: Never write to a generic audience
- John Carlton: Be extreme to be clear
- Howard Gossage: Treat the reader as a person
- Robert Collier: Talk about the reader first, your product second
How do my ads turn out?
For Sale: Driving School At Rock Bottom
When The Dust Settles On The Drone Boom, What Will You Be Left Holding?
An Unconventional Way To Own A Book Store Cheaply
Is This The Most Boring $8,000 You Will Ever Make?
Can we talk about this?