Your buyer will decide what your business is worth in front of a piece of paper (i.e. your advertisement).
They will never see the blood, sweat and tears it took to build the business. The late nights, the problems solved, your innovations, your loyal client base, relationships, your culture, smart deals you’ve made, or a hundred other things.
Just a piece of paper.
Or words on a screen.
You may want help with your Business for Sale ad if…
- You aren’t sure how to capture the full value of your business in a written ad.
- You want a selling strategy that includes what to write, and what to say to a buyer.
- There’s been a lack of interest in your business so far.
- You don’t want to pay a broker’s commission, but could still use some expert guidance.
As an investment, paper and ink is hard to beat. It’s a quick and low cost way to increase the valuation of your business.
I write ads for as little as $880 – a tiny cost compared to a $10,000 to $50,000 broker’s commission.
Note: Small businesses under $100k pay only $550.
Return on investment
If you list your business for $200,000 and a stronger ad helps you get an initial offer of $170,000 instead of $150,000 you make more than 20x your investment.
- Problem solving
- Who to target
- How to package your business
- How to differentiate from other businesses for sale
- Which features to prioritise
- How to deal with weak points
- How to get paid for the parts of the business people can’t see
- How to win the buyer’s trust
- How to justify your price
- Business for Sale ad (usually 1-3 pages).
- As many revisions as we need to get it right.
- Bonus: Day Zero Handover Program FREE for your buyer.
See my work
See the Work Samples page to see before and after examples.
Nothing to lose
Let me take one shot at a better ad. If you don’t like it you don’t pay for it and don’t use it.
Or call me on (07) 3180 0288
Dave Gillen – Business for Sale Copywriter, Brisbane
I was so pleasantly surprised when I read what Dave Gillen had written for my Gumtree Ad. There was no way I would have thought of these different angles, put so simply, and so easy to read. It was also very inspiring what he wrote, I was just to close to it all to come up with anything half as appealing as Dave’s words.
He really put a lot of thoughtfulness into it, and I know my writing capabilities are just not good enough to express what Dave did.”Julie Trace, BookBank
What you wrote is such an improvement on mine, it really goes to show how a writing expert can make a real difference. I am really pleased, thanks :)” Rowan, Garden Larder
Thanks Dave. You are a legend.” Colin Lough, Performance Propellers