Is buying from us really so scary? What fears could our buyer possibly have?
A buyer fears handing over money to you because of all the things that could possibly go wrong, resulting in a loss of money or time for them, or making their life more difficult. Reducing their fears is about reducing these risks.
Here is a list of ways to give people the confidence to go from interested, to sold:
Share their risk
- Money-back guarantee
- After-sale service or support
- Free returns
- Free trial
- Try before you buy
- Buy now, pay later
- Pay what you want
- Performance based pricing
Prove it works
- Deliver a smaller product/service/sample to demonstrate
- Ride along with another job/client
- Referral or recommendation from someone they respect – an authority or a friend
- Proof of results/success
- Testimonials or case studies
Make the payoff outweigh the risk
- A discount so big it’s worth the risk
- Include so much extra value it’s worth the risk
Consider your own near-purchases
Usually when we consider a purchase but don’t go ahead, it’s not because we lack a reason to buy it, it’s because we a have a bigger reason not to. Use this list to remove or reduce these sales-killing doubts.